Service for sharing media by saving it to a board
Pin pictures to a board that you create or one that you see on the app.
If you like looking at ideas for anything from parties to recipes, then you'll like Pinterest. This is an app that lets you look for ideas of any kind to see what other people have posted. Once you find what you're looking for, then you can view the pictures and the details that are listed on that board. There is an option to look at various categories if you aren't sure exactly what you need.
Using Pinterest gives you ideas that you can use if you are planning a birthday party or if you need to fix a meal for a special event. You can find holiday craft ideas as well as ideas for books to read. Organize the ideas that you like so that you can come back to look at them later. Share the ideas that you have with friends, getting an entire board together without needing to look so much on the site. There is a search engine that gives you hints about what you're looking for if you don't know the exact topic.
- Find ideas for almost anything
- Save what you find or share with others
- Post pictures to your own board
- Need an account to view all the details
- Can be overwhelming with all the information
Every 2 weeks, we polish up the Pinterest app to make it faster and better than ever. Tell us if you like this newest version at http://help.pinterest.com/contact
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.